Denver Holiday Moratorium
Posted by Lindsey Fleener
Across the country, municipalities limit construction activity, building permit issuances, or street closures during certain dates and times through November and December. This is done to promote full access to retail stores, restaurants and other businesses by the public. This year, the Denver Department of Transportation and Infrastructure (DOTI) will refrain from issuing new permits for utility or development construction in close proximity to the public Right-of-Way from Thursday, November 26, 2020 through Friday, January 1, 2021.
The Moratorium applies to the following areas:
- Central Business District (Downtown)
- Cherry Creek North Business District
- Stapleton/Forest City retail areas, including The Shops at Northfield
- North Tennyson Street Business District
- Lower Highlands Business Area (16th Street & Central Street)
You can view additional details including more maps here. As always, the Burnham Nationwide team is available to answer any questions on moratorium procedures or to assist with the application process for waivers in our offices throughout the country.